If you are worried about your property, or faced with a positive meth test call or e mail and we can give you some good advice. Remember, very few meth contaminated sites have actually been meth labs and we are equipped with the skills to know the difference. What ever the case, or level of contamination, Home Straight will have the answers.
If you would like an obligation free itemised quote to decontaminate your property we can provide this, along with a free report outlining recommended decontamination action and any alternative options that may be available depending on your circumstances. We have had excellent feedback from Insurance Companies about the detail in our reports. We will tell you what needs to be remedied, and more importantly what does not.
Our decontamination is completed in the least destructive way possible, we do not deconstruct because we use excellent, proven products that hit the mark every time – and we guarantee our work. We are constantly conducting our own research and development in order to bring you the best service at the most competitive price.
Take a look at our private investigator section to see how these skills can enhance the Home Straight experience – especially if you are wanting to hold a tenant responsible for contamination.
Our prices are tailor made depending on the contamination levels and the size and structure of your property. Home Straight are extremely cost effective.
We comply with the Ministry of Health Guidelines and NZ standard NZ8510.
Here is a useful link below to download the standards:
Home Straight decontamination process
1. Prepare a scope of work plan for the project based on the testing results and surfaces within the property
2. Prepare a site specific safety plan
3. Removal of any soft furnishings from affected areas – carpets, curtains and blinds.
4. Stripping of wallpaper in affected areas
5. Double wrapping and disposing of above items via registered hazardous waste disposal
6. Covering of all electrical sockets and switches, if heavy contamination these may need to be removed and replaced and if this is the case an electrician is engaged.
7. A HEPA vacuum of all surface
8. A pre clean of all surfaces – this will involve a good soapy scrub and rinse.
9. The application of the meth removing product via a foaming machine which is left on the surface for a dwell time of at least 4 hours.
10. A light fogging of the areas to ensure the foam remains damp for the duration of the dwell time
11. Removal of excess foam via wet vac, followed by a rinse off. Excess water is suctioned off and house aired
12. Post decontamination re-test is carried out by an independent tester